Skip to main content

OH YEAH!

 

Hey 

So my copy of galaxies most wanted came the other day and I was super excited to play it.

My kid wanted to be Groot and I so was set on being this guy



I thought I would share my deck building so far so maybe some people could get some insights into how I build decks in this game.


Disclaimer

I don't actually own all the cards so if you ever look at my list and go but why has he not added x? well now you know.

ok now to the first build

ok so check out version 1



Firstly I wanted so check out some of the new cards so I started with hand cannon, bug, looking for trouble and thruster boots.
I found hand cannon to be good but not great, a large part of that was because in our particular set up for the games I have to do the main part of thwarting and so I found myself having a plan more often than attacking. Rocket also has great tech cards by themselves and so I found I wanted his set ups more than the big attack. this also meant that mean swing was not at its best here either.
Looking for trouble seemed good for rocket, you get minion that wasn't too hard to defeat and 3 threat off the main scheme.


I wasn't happy with how few allies I was playing, even with Groot protecting me more often than not I was left to defend for myself and taking damage turn after turn is not where I needed to be.


with this in mind I move to version 2

Version 2




In Version 1 moment of triumph seemed redundant as Schadenfreude seemed to do plenty enough in that area. 

I had reduced the hand cannons and mean swing in favour of more allies, which was good but I still found that more often than not those cards were just resources. 

Into the Frey seemed great and I was really happy with that card but thruster boots was just another card that seemed to not be performing. I just never had a need for it. 

This lead to version 3 (and Current)

Version 3





Here I've added more cards to help remove threat as we don't have justice character on our team and I've added a copy of follow through to see how that will perform (I don't think ill use it though) 



and that is as far as I've got so far.

Its not the most powerful optimised list as yet and as you can see, you have to look at how you whole team is made up as well as trying to do what you need to do.

Rocket seems really good so far,  lots of fun to play. 
He is able to deal well with both minions and threat making him a well rounded character. 

I might go into more detail about the new characters in another post but for now I think this is a decent look into my deck building thoughts and I am sure I will continue to adapt and change the deck as I get more plays.
thanks for reading and until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hit or miss?

Hi everyone! Check out these two side schemes    Is one more important to deal with than the other?   What about these two minions?   What factors should you consider when deciding to deal with it this turn? Should you even deal with it?   A lot of people when confronted with a scheme or minion will jump to first think what’s the best way to remove that from the board. But maybe the question should be what is it doing to the game state?   Check this out   Once this card has done its thing, what is the difference between this card and an advance token? What about his one? Is there a difference between this and playing on heroic 1 if you left it in play? How bad is that for you?   Well let’s try to thing about the factors that goes into answering these questions The first question for me would be what difficulty am I playing on? One extra threat a turn could be easy to manage if I’m on standard where I’m not expecting a load of cards flung at me and th

Changing up campaigns

Hi hi Me and my friend decided to go back and play the rise of red skull.  We really wanted to focus on flavour and have a good time rather than making it super difficult or what ever, and it has been really fun and refreshing to go back and play more of the older cards. We decided on playing the spies vs hydra's forces, me with Black Widow and him with Jessica Drew. here are the lists we used out of interest, they are nothing ground breaking but they were  fun. With more runs through im sure we could improve these lists but they were good enough for what we needed.  The twist we did to the campaign was simple we used the Captain America Encounter set as an extra set that went in every scenario. This added more minions that were not out of place and just changed the missions up enough that made it a new experience. at any moment hit squad or Zemo could deal you damage and that put some new tension into a game that otherwise seems very familiar by now. You could of course go even fu